Skip to content
Develops many products.
The development of materials and manufacturing processes for superconducting wires
- Adelwitz Technologiezentrum GmbH (ATZ)
Develops and produces high temperature superconductors and components
- Advanced Conductor Technologies LLC
Develops high temperature superconducting Conductor on Round Core (CORC) cables and wires
- Advanced Oncotherapy plc
Proton Therapy Systems
- Advanced Research Systems, Inc. (ARS)
Development and delivery of membrane cryocooler technology
- American Elements
Rare-earth and Advanced Materials Products
- American Magnetics, Inc. (AMI)
Superconducting Magnets & Cryogenic Instrumentation
- American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC)
Develops commercial superconductor technology and products
- AML Superconductivity and Magnetics
Develops magnet-based and superconducting applications
- Apex Magnets
Division of Emovendo, LLC whose products include neodymium and rare earth magnets
- Applied Physics Systems
SQUIDS and Superconducting Magnetometers
- ASG Superconductors S.p.a.
Superconducting magnets - Italy
- ATI Wah Chang
Producers of reactive and refractory metals and chemicals
- Bilfinger Noell SE
Applied Energy and Power Technologies - Germany
Ultra-low temperature refrigeration systems
- Brookhaven Technology Group
High Temperature Superconductors
- Bruker Energy and Supercon Technologies
A Number of Superconductor Wire Products and Devices
- CAN Superconductors
Magnetic Shields, Current Leads, Targets - Czech Republic
HTS thin film manufacturer (former THEVA business unit) - Germany
- Chart Industries
Cryogenic cooling systems
- Columbus Superconductors S.p.a.
MgB2 Superconductors (subsidiary of ASG Superconductors)
- Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS)
- Cosmic Microwave Technology, Inc.
Caltech spinoff producing cryogenic low noise amplifiers
- CryoCoax (a division of Intelliconnect)
Design and manufacture of cryogenic interconnect products
- Cryoelectra GmbH
HTS Filters, Wires and Tapes - Germany
- Cryogenic Limited
Superconductivity and cryomagnetic low temperature engineering and instrumentation
- Cryomagnetics, Inc.
- Cryomech, Inc.
Cryocoolers and cryostats
Particle Accelerator Magnet Technologies - Denmark
- Eastern Superconducting Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. (subsidiary of Jiansu Etern Group Corp.)
- Epoch Wires, Ltd.
UK manufacturer of MgB2 wire
- Ericsson Microelectronics AB
Mobile Phones and Electronics - Sweden
- Everson Tesla
Superconducting Magnets and Cable-in-conduit
- Fujikura Ltd.
2nd generation high temperature superconductors
- Furukawa Electric Group
Low temperature superconductor wire
- General Atomics
Develops high-technology systems
- General Cable
Manufactures Cable Products
- Google LLC
- GWR Instruments, Inc.
Manufactures superconducting gravimeters
High-temperature Superconducting Products (subsidiary of the Scott Group)
- HYPRES, Inc.
Superconducting Electronics Company
- Hyper Tech Research, Inc.
Superconductors and Energy Related Products
- IBM Corp.
- Intel Corp.
- Ion Beam Applications, SA (IBA)
- IQM Finland Oy
- Janis Research Company, Inc.
Superconducting Magnet Systems
- Leybold Vakuum GmbH
Vacuum Technology - Germany
- Lorad Chemical
High Purity Inorganic Chemicals
- Lupine Materials and Technology
Optical Fiber Sensors for HTS Magnets
Low temperature superconductors (subsidiary of Mitsubishi Materials Corp.)
Specialty Inorganic chemicals and sputtering targets
- Magnicon GmbH
Manufacturers of SQUID electronics, SQUID sensors, and SQUID systems. Germany
- Merck KGaA
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals - Germany
Metal Oxide Technologies
- Microsoft Corp.
- Nexans SuperConductors GmbH
Telecommunications and Energy Cables - Germany
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- NSL Analytical
Inorganic Chemicals Analysis
- Oerlikon Leybold Vakuum GmbH
Vacuum technology (subsidiary of Atlas Copco AB)
- Oremet - Wah Chang
Producers of reactive and refractory metals and chemicals
- Oxford Instruments
Manufacturer of superconducting magnets and cryostats
- Paragon Kilns
Manufacturer of electric kilns and furnaces
- PVD Products, Inc.
Manufacturer of integrated coated conductor deposition equipment, including PLD, sputtering, and evaporation systems
- Quantum Design
TPPMS, MPMS, SQUIDs, and Liquefiers
- REE Red Electrica
Power Transmission Technologies - Spain
- Righetti Computing
- RI Research Instruments Gmbh
Linear Accelerators, Accelerator Modules, RF Cavities and Couplers, Particle Sources, Beamlines and Diagnostics
- Sam Dong
MgB2 superconductor wire
- Suzhou Advanced Materials Research Institute (SAMRI)(subsidiary of Jiangsu Etern Group Corp.)
High temperature superconductor research
- SCI Engineered Materials
High-Tc Powders and Sputtering Targets
- Shanghai Creative Superconductor Technologies Co., Ltd. (SCSC)
2G high temperature superconductors
- Siemens AG (PDF file)
Superconducting cables and motors
- Solid Material Solutions, LLC
BiSCCO wire development
- Stanford Materials
High-purity oxides, metals, alloys, ceramics, and sputtering targets
- Stirling Cryogenics & Refrigeration BV
Cryogenic Solutions - The Netherlands
- Sumitomo Electric U.S.A., Inc.
HTSC Superconducting Cable & Magnets - USA
- SuNAM Co., Ltd.
2G HTS superconducting wire and high field magnets
- Supercon, Inc.
Superconducting Wire and Cable
- Superconducting Systems Inc.
- Super Conductor Materials, Inc.
Sputtering Targets, Evaporation Materials, Etc.
- Superconductivity Innovations LLC
Research and development of superconductor applications in the power and energy Industries
- Superconductor Technologies
HTS wire and devices
- SuperPower, Inc.
2G HTS wire and devices (subsidiary of the Furukawa Electric Group)
- Supracon AG
SQUIDS - Germany
A Russian company that produces 2G HTS films that are used in transformers, motors, cables, etc.
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corp.
Cryogenic temperature sensors - UK
- THEVA Dünnschichttechnik GmbH
HTS tapes and equipment for PVD and quality control - Germany
- Tokamak Energy
- Vacuumschmelze GmbH
Magnet Technologies - Germany
- Varian Medical Systems
- Vision Electric Super Conductors GmbH
Superconductor high-current systems
- WEKA AG
Manufacturer of cryogenic components
- Zurich Instruments AG
Test and measurement equipment